Submission deadline: March 6, 2023
The Canadian Foundation for Dental Hygiene Research and Education (CFDHRE or “the foundation”) is seeking qualified reviewers to evaluate research proposals submitted to our 2023 Grant Program for possible funding. CFDHRE enlists reviewers based on their background and experience in dental hygiene research, grant proposal development, and peer review. No person may serve as a reviewer if a conflict of interest, either real or perceived, exists.
The combined expertise and time given by CFDHRE’s volunteer reviewers is a core strength of the foundation’s annual grant program, which funds leading-edge dental hygiene research on a variety of topics.
CFDHRE’s Peer Review Committees
- Are responsible for evaluating confidential grant proposals using instructions provided by CFDHRE and participating in consensus discussions to determine which proposals will ultimately be funded.
- Advise the foundation with respect to continuous quality improvement of the review process.
- Are typically composed of 3 dental hygienists from the research community who participate remotely as volunteers.
- Are acknowledged in CFDHRE’s annual report.
- Minimum of a master’s degree. Consideration may be given to those nearing completion of a graduate degree.
- Experience developing successful grant proposals and reviewing manuscripts, proposals and/or conference abstracts.
- Publication of research in peer-reviewed journals within the last 10 years.
Time commitment and reviewer deadlines
- Typically 8 to 10 weeks, from mid-March until late May.
- The peer-review process involves both the evaluation of proposals after they have been screened by CFDHRE staff (the deadline for proposals is late February) and participation in two meetings: an orientation session before reviewing the proposals and a consensus session.
- Workload depends on the number of proposals received.
- Final recommendations to CFDHRE are expected by the end of May.
Make a submission
- Email CFDHRE with (1) an up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae, (2) a brief statement of interest, and (3) a list of your research published within the last 10 years.
- Please type “CFDHRE Reviewer” in the subject line.
- Indicate if you would like your expression of interest to stay on file for reviewer needs in future years should you not be selected to participate in the 2023 peer-review process.
For more information or questions
Visit us online at cfdhre.ca or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.